Faculty Details: Geeta Sahare
Educational Qualifications : Ph. D.
M. A. (Pol. Sci.)
University of Delhi
M. Phil. (African Studies)
University of Delhi
Ph. D. (African Studies)
University of Delhi
Dr. (Mrs.) Geeta Sahare, Ph. D.
· Deputy Dean (Campus Development), University of Delhi. 22.02.2018 - …
· President, Delhi University Women’s Association 2019-…
· Secretary, Delhi University Women’s Association 2016-2019
· DU counseling Team member during Corona Lockdown. 04.04.2020 - …
· Task force for Peace, Safety, Security and Privacy on the University enclave, DU, 17.10.2019 - …
· Committee of DMRC matter, University of Delhi 12.11.2018 - …
· NAAC peer team 2018: Infrastructure: Physical and Academic, University of Delhi
· Member, Purchase committee, University of Delhi/LBC
· Member, Management Committee, Gandhi Bhawan, DU, 2015-…
· Enquiry Officer for administrative matter, Kalindi College, DU, 12.05.18-19
· Rainwater harvesting committee for DU and affiliated colleges. 28.02.2018 - …
· Member Mphil./Phd. Admissions, Department of African Studies, DU, 2017-19
· Member Purchase committee LBC and University of Delhi
Areas of Interest / Specialization
· Nationalism in India
· Women Issues
· Indian Politics
· Swina Ghai, Delhi University, 2019, Topic: Comparative study of nationalism in India and South Africa
· Ravi Kumar Chaudhary, Delhi University, 2015, Political and constitutional development in Zimbabwe.
· 2. Pravin Kumar, Delhi University, 2016, Status of Dalit women in slum areas of Delhi,
· 3. Apoorva, Delhi University, 2017, Gender and Human Security
· 4. Archana, IGNOU, 2017, Role of Women in Indian politics
· 5. Khemchand, Delhi University, 2018, Regional cooperation and development: Comparative study of SAARC & COMESA.
· Apoorva; Delhi University, 2020, Topic: Violation of human rights in Kenya
List against each head (If applicable) (as Illustrated with examples)
· Pandita Ramabai in “Indian Dalit Thinkers”, Ed. Yuvraj Kumar, 2020, Sage Publication, Delhi, India, pp. 110-134. ISBN: 9789353287023.
· Women and Affirmative action in “political process in India”, Ed. Abhay Prasad Singh, 2019, Black Swain, Delhi, India, pp. 190-208. ISBN: 9789352876372.
· Main economic problem and public policy in ‘Aaj Ka Bharat’, Eds. Yuvraj Kumar and B. N. Chaudhary, 2013, Black Swain, Delhi, India, pp. 58-91, ISBN: 9788125051732.
· Ambedkar: Mahila Uddharak ke Roop Mein, in ‘stree swar: ateet aur vartaman’, 2019, Akshar Publishers, ISBN 978-93-85600-12-8
· Globalization and changing nature of Indian State in ‘Political Process in India’, Ed. Yuvraj Kumar and B. N. Chaudhary, 2013, Directorate of Hindi Medium, University of Delhi, India, pp. 139-158. ISBN: 9789380172637.
· Gandhian era in national movement in ‘Colonialism and Nationalism in India’, Ed. Himanshu Roy, 2013, Directorate of Hindi Medium, University of Delhi, India, pp. 126-175. ISBN: 9789380172309.
· Ambedkarwadi Sahitya: Ek Darshan wah Kranti in proceedings, National Conference on Samkaleen Sahitya mein Naari Chetna, 24-25 September, 2014, LBC, pp-22-27. ISSN: 23950161
· Nature of Indian State in ‘Indian Government and Politics’ edited by Yuvraj Kumar and BN Choudhary, Orient Black Swan, Pvt. Ltd., 2011 pp 429-452. ISBN: 9788125041848
· Problem of Underdevelopment in ‘Indian Government and Politics’ edited by Yuvraj Kumar and BN Choudhary, Orient Black Swan, Pvt. Ltd., 2011 pp 429-452. ISBN: 9788125041849
· Vibhajan ke saath Swatantrata in in ‘Colonialism and Nationalism in India’, Ed. Himanshu Roy, 2013, Directorate of Hindi Medium, University of Delhi, India, pp. 374-400. ISBN: 9789380172309.
· Dharm aur jaati vyavastha: Dalit Mahilaon ki Trasadi in ‘Andheron ke beech’ edited Alka Srivastava, pp 130-143. 2008. ISBN: 9788189762278
· Women in Morocco and India: A comparative study in ‘India and Morocco: Evolving partnership in mutual interest’, 2007 edited, US Jha, pp 160-172. Published association of Indian Africanists (India). ISBN: 8187848081
· Samajik Nyay va Aadiwasi Mahilayein in ‘Ridam’ edited Dr. Namdev, January-March 2019. ISSN: 24559113
· Development and Gender Marginalization: From deprivation to entitlement in edited book ‘women and development’ 2018, Elite Publishing House, ISBN 978-81-935996-3-1, New Delhi, pp. 75-85
Papers published in Journals:
· Geeta Sahare, Women’s role in panchayat, ‘Academia: An International Multidisciplinary’, Biannual Journal, 1(1), 2016, pp 75-85. ISSN: 2395-0161
· Geeta Sahare, Ambedkar’s views on women’s rights, Academia: An International Multidisciplinary, Biannual Journal, pp 107-115 1(1), 2016, 12. ISSN: 2395-0161.
· Geeta Sahare, Marginalized empowerment and challenges, Patliputra Journal of Indology, 3, 2018, 17. ISSN: 2320-351x
· Geeta Sahare, Status of Moroccan women: A comparative study in Indian perspective, WANA Diary: A Diplomatic Journal of West Asian and North African Countries, pp 43-47, 1(1), 2006, 139. ISSN: 0973-5305
· 5. Geeta Sahare, Roots of conflicts in post independent Uganda, An International Journal of African Studies, 3(1), 2007, pp 148-170.
· Birth of Swapo and Launching of the struggle, In International Journal of African Studies, Special issue on Namebia Independence 1990, Department of African studies. pp 56-64.
2. Editor in Cheif, Magazine, Pratibimbh Yearly, 2014
3. Co-editor, E-magazine, APARAJITA, 2015
Resource Person/Invited talk/Panelist and Speaker:
· Dr. Ambedkar: Gender Justice and Uniform civil code organized by Centre for Comparative politics and Political theory. Jawaharlal Nehru University. 26.02.2020
· Equality and Empowerment:Women in Politics, Organized by students of Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts. 06.03.2020
· Expert Member, Kendriya Vidyalay Sansthan Interview Board on 7,8,9th October 2008
· Women safety and roll of government agencies organized by Women Advisory Committee, Dayal Singh College, University of Delhi. 20.01.2020
· Mental Health matters: Reset your Minds organized by Gandhi Bhawan, University of Delhi. 14.05.2020
· Ending violence and harassment in the workplace, Organised by March 4 Women and PAHAL at SRCC auditorium, University of Delhi on 08.03.2019
· Legacy of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in media: Analysis and impact, National seminar organized by Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Study Centre, Kalindi College, University of Delhi. 20.08.2019
· Resource Person of State council of educational research and training for PGT training program, 2016-2020
· ·· Chair the session on ‘Stree Kya Chahti Hai’, In celebration of International Women’s day organized by student union of Gwyer Hall, 08.03.2018
· Women’s movement in India: New Challenges in Two-week Faculty Development program organized by Hansraj College. 20.08.2019
· Contemporary Challenges and Gandhian way organized by Gandhi Study Centre and Gandhi 150th Coordination committee, Satyawati College, University of Delhi. 28.09.2019
· Revisiting Jammu and Kashmir: Past, Present and Future organized by India Centre for Policy studies and Society of Nation, Conference Hall, Haryana Bhawan, New Delhi. 19.08.2019
· Role of Youth in Politics organized by Unnati Youth Parliament, Bharati Vidyapeeth, Deemed University, Paschim Vihar, New Delhi. 02.11.2019
· Castism in India organized by Parinay, Jawahar Bhawan, Rajinder Prasad Road, New Delhi. 08.09.2019
· Dr. Ambedkar futuristic vision and revolutionary action in National seminar organized by Kalindi College, University of Delhi. 26.04.2019
· Life and philosophy of Gandhi organized by Central School, Sector-8, R.K. Puram, New Delhi. 20.09.2019
· Emergence of Yoga in contemporary society (on the occasion of International Yoga Day) organized by India Centre for Policy studies, Haryana Bhawan, Delhi. 22.06.19
· Digital India and mandate for Modi in 2019 organized by Centre for Gandhi and Peace Studies (CGPS), Maidan Gali, New Delhi. 04.06.2019
· Reservation policy and assessment Organized by Equal Opportunity Cell, Ramlal Anand College, University of Delhi. 29.03.2019
· Justice for Women from Margins organized by Dalit Adivasi Mahila Andolan at Gandhi Peace Foundation New Delhi on September 13-14 2019
· Remembering Gandhi: The messenger of Peace organized by Student Union and Gandhi Study Circle of Satyawati College, University of Delhi. 31.03.2018
· Ambedkar and his Thoughts organized by Student Union of PG Men’s Hostel, University of Delhi. 14.04.2019
· Contemporary relevance of Ambedkar’s thought, organized by Student Union of Jubilee Hall, University of Delhi. 14.04.2019
· New Education and its implications organized by India Centre for Policy Studies, International Guest House, University of Delhi. 13.08.2019
· Empowering and Enabling women in Science organized by Department of Zoology under DBT Star College project, International Conference, Ramjas College, University of Delhi. 14.09.2018
· Ambedkar: Architect of Indian constitution organized by Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi. 10.04.2018
· Relevance of Ambedkar in Contemporary Society organized by Legal Academician for Welfare of Society(LAWS), Gwyer Hall, University of Delhi.
· Ram tere kitne naam organized by Sahara Live. 31.03.2018
· Striwadi sahitya aur samajik nyay ke sawaal organized by Ambedkarwadi Lekhak Manch, ITO, Delhi. 26.03.2018
· Bharat; Kal, aaj aur kal organized by General Administrative department, Delhi Government, Freedom fighter cell. 06.01.2018
· Nationalism and Cultural diversity organized by General Administrative department, Delhi Government, Freedom fighter cell. 07.01.2018
· Nationalism and Gandhi organized by General Administrative department, Delhi Government, Freedom fighter cell. 30.01.2018
· Women empowerment organized KVS National integration camp, Sector-8, RK Puram. 07.09.2018
· Remembering Savitribai Phule for building a Nation of peace organized by Centre for Gandhi and Peace Studies, IGNOU School of Social Science, 03.01.2018
· Social work: Scope and Challenges in ICSSR National Conference organized by Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar College, University of Delhi. 14.03.2018
· Gandhi, Ambedkar, Lohiya and the issue of Social justice organized by Satyawati College, University of Delhi. 20.09.2018
· Relevance of Gandhi in Contemporary India organized by Gandhi Study Circle, Satyawati College, University of Delhi. 07.02.2018
· Abdul Kalaam memorial lecture organized by Department of Physics, ShyamLal College, University of Delhi. 11.10.2018
· Being women and challenges in 21st Century organized by Pattnaik India Foundation, National Seminar, DU guest house, University of Delhi. 18.03.2017
· Swatantrata Sangram ki virasat – Bharatiya Rashtrawaad organized by General Administrative department, Delhi Government, Freedom fighter cell. 09.08.2017
· Ambedkar and Hindu code bill in National seminar organized by SC/ST Committee, Satyawati College, University of Delhi. 06.04.2017
· Nationalism and Cultural tools organized by General Administrative department, Delhi Government, Freedom fighter cell. 08.08.2017
· Role of society for upliftment of underprivileged girls under the project ‘Beti bachao Beti Padhao’ organized by All India Women’s Conference (AIWC) on 18/4/2017
· Nationalism and Urdu poetry organized by General Administrative department, Delhi Government, Freedom fighter cell. 09.08.2017
· Dalit issues and role of Media organized SC/ST Advisory committee, Satyawati College, University of Delhi. 09.02.2017
· Status of Girls education in India, Panelist with Korean delegates Peace projects in India. 18.04.2017
Presented Papers in Seminars:
· Violation of Human Rights: A gender perspective, In International Conference on Human rights for the 21st in Asia and Africa, Organized by CCPR and Department of Adult Education, International Guest house, University of Delhi, 18th January 2019
· Aadiwasi Mahilayein wah Aadunik Chunautiyaan – in Dalit Sahitya Mahautsav, 2019 at Kirorimal college, University of Delhi. 03.02.2019
· Culture, Tradition, Literature and image of Indian Women in National Seminar, Organized by Swami Shradhanand College, University of Delhi. 25.02.2017
· Development and Gender marginalization in National Seminar sponsored by ICSSR at Lakshmibai College, University of Delhi. 04.03.2017
· Media va Aadiwasi Mahilao ki Trasadi in National Seminar Sponsored by UGC at Lakshmibai College, University of Delhi. 15.11.2017
· Dharma: A Gandhian way of life in National Seminar organized by Department of Philosophy, Lakshmibai College, University of Delhi. 24.02.2018
· Violence against Women in Africa: Causes and Analysis, National Conference on Africa since 2000: Transition and change by Department of African Studies, 18-19 February, 2016
· Rights of Girl child and future implications of imbalanced sex ratio, Social Welfare Board, NCT of Delhi, 26-27 February, 2013
· Role of Women Commission in India, National Seminar On State Development and Gender: A human rights perspective Sponsored by National Human Rights Commission,28th & 29Th February, 2012
· Dalit Women: Issues In India, National Seminar on Revisiting Women’s Movements, Sponsored by University Grant Commission,LBC,12th March 2012.
· Ambedkar and Social justice, National Conference on Discrimination, on the ground of disability, Sponsored by University Grant Commission on 7th January, LBC, 2105
· Ambedkar Literature: Ekdarshan and Kranti, National Conference on Samkaleen Sahitya main Naari Chetna, Sponsored by University Grant Commission.24-25 September, LBC, 2014
· Organised two weeks faculty development program on feminist theories and human rights at Hansraj College under a center of MHRD, Govt. of India from 15.12.2018-28.12.2018
· Organised wall painting competition on celebrating 150th Birth Anniversary of rashtrapita Mahatma Gandhi on 26th October 2018 at north campus Delhi University, 200 students of 28 colleges participated
· Organised an exhibition of Indian culture in Uzbekistan by Delhi University students painting at Lal Bahadur Shastri center for Indian culture on 28th august 2019
· • National Conference on State Development and Gender: A Human Rights perspective
· sponsored by National Human Rights Commission on 28-29, February 2012.
· • Inter College Debate Competition on "Are late working hours for women spoiling their family
· lives?" on 21st April 2012 at Conference Hall, DUWA.
· • Started English language Proficiency Course (ELPC) supported by CIE, University of Delhi from March 2012 to March 2015.
· • Organized Campaign "My Earth My Duty" sponsored by Ministry of Youth and Sports from 15th
· to 21st August 2012.
· • Organized ten days session program sponsored by Special Police Unit for Women and
· Children, Nanakpura, New Delhi from 01st to 10th August 2014.
· • Organized one day talk on "Gandhian teachings and their values in daily life" on 22nd October
· • Conducted short term Computer Course for students supported by ILLL, University of Delhi from 06th to 20th March 2015.
· • Organized Self Defence Training Camp for the NCWEB students supported by Delhi Police from 06th to 14th March 2015.
· • Organized two days workshop on Women Empowerment sponsored by NGO "Srijan" on 6th & 7th March 2015
· Savitribai Phule Award by Bahujan Cultural Front, DU, 3rd January, 2020
· Good citizen award by Inner wheel club/Delhi Police/WEWS. 1st October 2019
· Dr. Ambedkar Award by Ambedkarwadi Lekhak Sangh, 14.04.2019, DU
· Women Pioneer Award, 2018 by Department of Adult Education/ Delhi Police/ WEWS, North Delhi
· Women Achiever Award by Patnaik India Foundation, 18.03.2017
· B.R. Ambedkar National Teachers Award, 2010
· Matrashakti Award by All India Classic People Society. 20.09.2006
Women Leadership Award, 2007